Obviously my new year’s resolutions list has healthy food, workout more, drink more water, the usual. I’m trying to narrow down some more specific resolutions though. So for my first Top 5 List of the year I give you:
My Top 5 Resolutions (2017 Edition)
1. Don’t argue with strangers in the comment sections. I know. I KNOW! It’s surprisingly hard though. There are so many stupid fucking people and they always feel the need to comment. It’s not my fault. I don’t even know them so I don’t know why I feel compelled to reply. Like my voice of reason is going to change their minds? Come on, me! Get it together.
2. Yoga more. So, every pregnancy relaxin (hormone) has effed up my hip joints. Like, way too loose. It was extremely painful and the pain lasted for months after each baby was born. Well, a fourth pregnancy sure as hell didn’t help that along, nor did sitting on my ass for the last year! The pain is gone, like I can lie down on one side longer than 3 minutes at a time, but the relaxin is gone too and since I didn’t stretch it throughout the transition it’s super tight. I can only sit half cross-legged! My right hip will not bend outward. Up and down is fine, just to the side is straight busted. Sooooo yeah, I’m going to yoga my face off this year! That’s just unacceptable. Plus all of the other benefits are great too.
3. Self Care. I have 4 kids. I homeschool. I don’t ask my husband for help enough. I bite off more than I can chew. I painted my nails the other day and it was the first time since before Baby J was born. I’m tired of being tired, frumpy, disheveled. That’s not who I am. This is not my body. And no, I don’t want to hear that “mom’s bodies change” blah blah blah. I know that! I can live with the stretch marks. I don’t need to be 19 again, but THIS? This isn’t me. This is exhausting and unhealthy. I want to be my best me and I can’t do that if I always put myself last.
4. Leave the house. Ugh! It’s just so much work. Is it Summer yet?
5. Organize. I am good at making a schedule. I am not great at sticking to it. I have a lot of things I want to do and accomplish this year and I need to organize my life in a way that actually works. I got a new planner (I love a new planner!) and I plan on really using it.
What kind of resolutions did you guys come up with? Anything new, or continuing on from last year? Do you like to use the new year as a fresh start?
Happy New Year!