Company: Frank’s RedHot (under McCormick Canada)
Ingredients: Basically just spices and natural preservatives.
Packaging: The Original Seasoning comes in a plastic shaker, which is easily recyclable, but the seasoning pouch has a silver lining making it garbage.
Purchased/Received: received complimentary from Influenster.com
Canadian Company: Yes!
- The Original Seasoning is easy to use as it comes in a convenient shaker. It tastes great on sweet potatoes and isn’t so hot that the kids couldn’t eat it. Very balanced flavour.
- The Dip was simple enough to make and tastes great with both chips and veggies!
- Although the Original Seasoning tastes great, I couldn’t eat it on my popcorn. I felt like i was choking on powder every bite. Maybe that’s more me problem though….
- The Dip recipe calls for cream cheese to be mixed with the sour cream, but I found this made a very heavy dip. I’ll use all sour cream net time to keep it light.
- I love flavourful spices but I’m probably the weakest link in my Trindadian/Grenadian family when it comes to heat (and y’all know my cousins got jokes!) I like spicy but not extra hot and I think Frank’s RedHot does a great job of balancing the heat and flavour. Plus because these are powders you can easily control how much you put on, so your little kids can enjoy these flavours as well.
- I really enjoyed these and will definitely purchase the Original Seasoning again when mine runs out!