Company: Marc Jacobs Beauty (USA)
Cruelty-Free: No animal testing.
Vegan: No. They don’t test on animals but they have a few products made with beeswax and carmine.
Ingredients: Hypoallergenic and paraben free, but to investigate further you need to look at each products ingredient list. (They do not boast natural ingredients on the website)
EWG: Not listed.
Packaging: The mascara and primer come in a plastic case (par for the course) but everything else that came, including the box was paper or cardboard and could go in my recycling bin!
Purchased/Received: received complimentary from Influenster.com
Canadian Company: No, US based.
- Made my lashes look thicker.
- Made my lashes look longer.
- Nice dark black colour.
- Lasted all day without smudging.
- I didn’t experience any flaking.*
- *The formula was a bit too thick/clumpy. Had I left it the way it swiped on there probably would have been flaking.
- The wand brush is way too thick (in my opinion, obvi). I found it difficult to grab the tiny side lashes.
- I don’t wear a lot of makeup. Usually it’s just me and the Buttons running a muck so mascara and blush are my bread and butter. That being said it’s important to me that the mascara rocks my lashes and that it doesn’t smudge. This one did the trick on both fronts.
- The downside is that it was a bit clumpy. To fix that I used a clean brush with a touch of water to smooth both the primer and the mascara. It looked great afterward so kind of worth it.
- I’m giving it a 3/5. I liked the finish look a lot, but thickness, and ingredients list could be improved.
Second Try (without primer)